Everyone's Skin Has a Hidden Beauty Waiting to be Revealed
This treatment involves the application of a chemical solution that improves and smoothens the texture of the facial skin by removing damaged outer layers. Skin is made up of layers of cells. What is seen on the outside is the part that interacts with the elements – the wind, the cold, the environment. It takes abuse, in other words. But underneath those outer, hardened, and often damaged layers, there is protected skin that hasn’t suffered the effects of exposure.
There Are Different Kinds of Chemical Peels Available Depending On Your Skin's Needs.
- Glycolic acid 20-50% - Glycolic Acid is the most active and beneficial of the Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (AHA) in skin care and is made from sugar canes. It is the only AHA which is able to penetrate through the cell walls by virtue of its small molecular size. Glycolic Acid also affects the newly forming keratin cells at the bottom of the stratum corneum casing the bulk of the stratum corneum to lift off and separate from the underlying skin. This gives the skin a much smoother look and feel. Glycolic is best for treating fine lines.
- Lactic Peel – A Lactic Peel is derived from a milk product such as buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt. It is one the mildest forms of chemical peels available, so therefore, very good for people with sensitive skin. Lactic peels work like any acid by causing the substance that hold skin cells together to become loose causing the elastic fibers in the dermis layer of the skin to be stimulated and produce new collagen.
- Jessner's Formula- TheJessner Peel can be used to correct a variety of skin conditions including acne, acne scars, skin lightening and photo-damaged and aged skin. Jessner peels achieve a more thorough peel than AHA peels. Jessner's Peels have the ability to significantly accelerate the skin rejuvenation process. The results can be quite dramatic, especially for people suffering from acne and pigmentation.
- Salicylic Peel – Promotes cell turn over, unclogging pores and enabling the production of new cells and clear skin. It's a safe, effective treatment for mild acne, oily skin, textural changes and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
TCA Peel 10-30% - The TCA Peel works by causing sloughing or removal of the upper layers of skin. By removing the upper layers of skin, the overall skin texture is dramatically smoothed, superficial wrinkles are quickly eliminated and colour irregularities are improved. The TCA Peel can also be applied to the skin or the hands.
How Will This Improve My Appearance?
- The removal of dead or damaged cells on the surface reveals clean, previously unexposed skin that is smooth and free of blemishes or scars.
- Treatment of acne and removal of acne scars.
- Improves smoker's skin.
- Refines the appearance of pores.
- Increases sin's ability to absorb products.
- Reduces superficial hyperpigmentation.
- Most commonly used for cosmetic purposes, it can also be used to remove pre-cancerous skin growths.